SkinBioTherapeutics is a life science company focused on skin health. The Company’s proprietary platform technology, SkinBiotix®, is based upon discoveries made by CSO Dr. Catherine O’Neill and Professor Andrew McBain at The University of Manchester.
The SkinBioTherapeutics’ platform applies research discoveries made on the activities of lysates derived from probiotic bacteria when applied to skin. The Company has shown that the SkinBiotix® platform can improve the barrier effect of skin models, improve repair and reduce bacterial load.
SkinBioTherapeutics is targeting five specific skin healthcare sectors; cosmetics skincare, food supplements for the treatment of skin conditions, medical skin care, infection control in both the home and the hospital environment and pharmaceuticals for the prescribed treatment of skin conditions. In each of these areas SkinBioTherapeutics plans to exemplify its technology in human studies. The most advanced programme is the application of the SkinBiotix® platform in managing sensitive skin and providing anti ageing benefits in the cosmetics industry. The business strategy is to partner and out-license its programmes at proof of concept.
- Science designed to enhance the power of the human microbiome.
- Enhancing the Microbiome to make the skin stronger in every way
- Targeting unmet consumer, patient and healthcare needs in skincare
- Cosmetic, Nutrition, Medical, Surface protection, Pharmaceutical
Active skin care, Eczema, Rosacea, Psoriasis, Acne, UV Protection, Wound Healing
- Application focussed, across skin health – wellbeing
- Human skin models support the transition from lab to clinic
- Based on a decade of scientific findings from the University of Manchester
- Both scientifically and commercially